- Monterey Lighting Solutions brought transparency and efficiency to the project
- Reduced the lighting cost by 40%
- Saved architect and contractors a significant amount of time and effort
- Project delivered on time
With 120 locations worldwide, Teradata’s San Diego location was to be the new face of Teradata and establish a new office look for the company.
Cushman & Wakefield had to complete an extensive tenant improvement project for Teradata, covering two buildings and over 60,000 square feet in 14 weeks or less. Recognizing that the standard process of acquiring lighting products often results in budget problems, mulitple rounds of value engineering during the construction phase, and project delays, San Diego CW Project Management Team needed to find a better solution.
To address the challenges they knew they would face with lighting, Cushman & Wakefield immediately added Monterey Lighting Solutions to the design team, alongside Gensler Design and Turner Construction. Construction and supply work would work together in a coordinated and efficient manner from day one in order to reduce costs, avoid delays and mitigate potential problems.
- Interfacing with Gensler, Turner, Cushman & Wakefield and Teradata to understand design intent.
- Provided multiple product and pricing options for each design component.
- Disqualified products with lead times that could not conform to the project timeline.
- Enabled Teradata to make informed decisions on the allocation of available budget.
- Completed the lighting submittal package during design, allowing the electrician to order material immediately after contract award.
- Attended pre-construction and construction meetings.
- Provided a single point of contact for any final Value Engineering and plan changes.
- Resolved issues quickly and effectively through direct engagement with participants in the supply chain.
- Effectively scheduled, communicated, and managed product delivery.
- Made recommendations and arranged substitutions where necessary.