- Reduced the lighting cost by 60%
- On time, on budget, with all stakeholders – architect, tenant,
and contractor – satisfied
DecisionLogic’s advanced bank verification system had been so successful that they needed a new office in a 15,000 square foot facility. Cushman & Wakefield led the buildout and Monterey’s innovative sourcing model, hands-on approach, and industry expertise saved time and money for all stakeholders.
DecisionLogic’s architect had a clear vision for their space. They wanted decorative acoustical ceilings, linear pendants, and a few other architectural lighting products. When Monterey broke down the price for each fixture, the initial bids for the entire space came out to be 20% above the company’s lighting budget. Monterey would have to leverage industry experience and relationships with manufacturers to create some alternative solutions and negotiate lower prices with several manufacturers.
Monterey Lighting Solutions was able to save DecisionLogic 60% in lighting costs. They engaged at the outset of the project, during the design phase, which allowed them to source and recommend alternative products that would achieve the same aesthetics at a lower cost. Additionally, they sourced similar products across multiple manufacturers which drove all of the manufacturers to compete to win the business. In doing this, Monterey secured pricing that was another 17% less than what was originally estimated.
When all was said and done, the 15,000 sq. ft. facility’s lighting cost came out to be 48% below their budget, saving Cushman & Wakefield 60% in lighting costs while fulfilling the vision set forth by DecisionLogic and their architect.
- Consulting with Ware Malcomb and DecisionLogic team to understand the design intent.
- Sourced and recommended alternative products that best aligned with design aesthetics at a lower cost.
- Worked closely with DesignLogic team to make decisions that best allocated their budget with firm, fixed line-item pricing.
- Fulfilled the team’s design intent with the architectural lighting products and saved 60% in project’s lighting costs.